Pick-Ups for Businesses, Nonprofits, and Residential Customers
Free Geek is happy to provide pick-up services for business, nonprofits, and residential customers in the Portland metro area.
Please take a moment to read through answers to frequently asked questions before filling out our form below.
What types of donations do you accept?
- Free Geek accepts nearly everything that plugs into a computer or uses electricity. View our complete list here.
When do you schedule pickups?
- Pickups are generally scheduled weekly on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 10 am and 1 pm using our 16 foot box truck.
What about data security?
- Free Geek commits to destroying any data from your devices as a standard part of our service whether your item will be reused or recycled.
- Your hard drives are an essential part of our work to reuse technology for the community. We love when they are left intact.
- We also offer an itemized Certificate of Data Destruction for a fee of $10/hard drive or device for donors who specifically require documentation.
How much does it cost?
- As a nonprofit, we charge a tax-deductible flat rate of $120 for pickups for business, nonprofits, and residential customers.
- You can have a check ready at pickup, or we can invoice you. We accept payment via check, PayPal, and credit card.
- We cannot schedule your pickup if you have an outstanding invoice.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Our staff will load your materials and bring them back to Free Geek for community reuse or responsible recycling.
- You are welcome to bring items for drop off directly to Free Geek anytime at 1731 SE 10th Ave, Tuesday-Saturday 10am-6pm. There is no required fee when bringing items directly to us.
Please fill out our online Pickups form to request a pickup. Submitted forms will be responded to within three business days to schedule a pickup or discuss your donation.