Got what it takes to make the finest geek gear?
Free Geek is pleased to announce our Summer 2013 T-Shirt Design Contest! This competition is open to the public including volunteers, donors, and Free Geek aficionados.
Entrants must submit their design, along with a signed Design Submission Terms and Conditions by 11:59pm, July 13, 2013 for a chance to win prizes valued at over $250 including: (1) $100 gift certificate to the Free Geek Thrift Store; (1) $100 Threadless gift certificate; (2) t-shirts with the winning design; (1) hoodie with the winning design. Your awesomeness will also be immortalized on new Free Geek t-shirts and hoodies!
By submitting your design, you agree that you have read and accept to all of the below contest rules and details as well as the Design Submission Terms and Conditions.
- Open to friends, fans, and volunteers of Free Geek. Employees and their families may not enter.
- You must incorporate the Free Geek logo (included in the design submission documents) and/or the words “Free Geek.”
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is fully your own work.
- Explanation of how to submit your design for consideration and logo files are included in the application packet.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by Free Geek including, but not limited to, the Free Geek website, products and marketing materials. If the design is not chosen for print by Free Geek, you are free to use the design for any commercial or non-commercial purpose with the removal of any reference to Free Geek, including the Free Geek logo.
- Submissions will be screened by Free Geek for merit and feasibility. We will not consider submissions that include profanity, pornography, racism, sexism, or other offensive material.
- Submissions to be accepted through 11:59pm, July 13, 2013.
- All entries must include a signed Design Submission Terms and Conditions to be considered.
- Designs may include line art and text but no photographs.
- Designs are to be printed on the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 10” x 10”.
- Design may use a maximum of three colors. It may be printed on multiple t-shirt colors and garments; artists are welcome to submit recommended garment colors.
- Free Geek reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color.
- Digital entries only. High-resolution images in .xcf, .svg, .ai, .eps and .psd formats are preferred. Colors should be solid with no half-tones; use solid color (preferably Pantone swatches).
- Please be sure to do the following to your file:
- Convert all fonts to outlines / rasterize all fonts.
- Make sure all placed images are 300 dpi and are linked to the file. There should be no embedded bitmap images (jpg, tif, bmp).
- Convert all colors to Spot Colors.
- Save art at the physical dimensions that you would like it to be printed (up to 10″x10″) at 300dpi.
- Merge all layers of the art except for the background color (shirt color).
Winning design selection
- Winning design will be selected by a pre-determined Free Geek committee. Free Geek reserves the right to final decision.
- The winning design will be announced on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013, and available for purchase on August 17th. The creator of the winning design will receive two t-shirts and a hoodie featuring their design, a $100 gift certificate to the Free Geek Thrift Store and a $100 Threadless gift certificate.
- Contact Darren Heiber, dheiber (at) freegeek (dot) org with any outstanding questions.