Free Geek offers a variety of unpaid internships to those who have the time and interest to work outside of our main volunteer programs.
Interns volunteer on a set schedule, learn valuable skill sets and play a vital role in the health of Free Geek as an organization. These are competitive, challenging and highly valued positions. While we cannot pay our volunteer interns, we can offer job skills training, letters of reference, professional feedback, and resume assistance.
Our internships vary widely in what they have to offer: some are longer, some shorter, some require lots of people skills, some require the intern to be alone for long stretches. Please click on the name of the internship below for more information.
If you don’t find an internship that would work, keep checking back: this page is updated periodically as new internships become available and current ones become filled.
Which internship interests you?
- Adoption Class Teaching Internship.
- BETA (Build, Evaluation & Test Area) Internship.
- Online Sales Internship. – Description forthcoming
- Printer Program Internship.
- Receiving Internship.
- Recycling Internship.
- Spanish Build Bilingual Internship.
- Teaching Internship.
- Thrift Store Internship.
- Technical Support Internship.
- Figure out which internship matches your interests. You’ll find short descriptions of each internship as well as links to longer descriptions at the bottom of this page.
- Fill out this form.
- Free Geek’s Internship Program Coordinator will call you within one week after receiving the form to check in and be sure that the internship you’re applying for would work best for you and Free Geek. If appropriate, she’ll schedule an interview for you with your prospective Free Geek supervisor or tell you that you might not be a good fit at Free Geek. If you get an interview, you should continue on down the list, and:
- Take a tour of Free Geek to check out our facility and culture. We offer tours at 11am and 4pm every day Tuesday through Saturday. We’ll need you to do this step before interviewing.
- Come here for an interview at the time that you agreed to. We’ll see if you’d be a good fit for Free Geek, and you should see if Free Geek would be a good fit for you. We’ll contact you within the next day or two with our decision.
How to apply
If you’re unable to apply using the above form or have any questions, please use this inquiry form so we can clear things up.