Do you need a computer? Have you volunteered 24 hours in the past year in your community, at a non-profit or a community organization? If so, you may be eligible to receive a free computer from Free Geek! This is a special offer extended only to K-12 students in Portland. Read on for details!
What you need to do:
- Apply below!
- Attend a class at Free Geek and pick up your computer! The class will teach you how to use your new computer, and will guarantee you one year of free tech support. Once you submit a complete application and your volunteer hours have been confirmed, we will contact you with your class time and date. (Please note that families can pool their hours.) We have a limited number of classes, so please apply soon. Applicants will be considered on a first come / first served basis.
- Take your computer home after the class!
Frequently asked questions
- What kind of computer will I get?
You will get:
– Dual-core Linux-based computer with at least 1 gigabyte of RAM.
– LCD monitor
– keyboard, mouse, mouse pad
– speakers or headphones
- If I volunteered as a requirement for my school, can I use those volunteer hours for a free computer?
- I haven’t volunteered anywhere, but am interested in earning a free computer. What are my options?
You could come to Free Geek to volunteer. It is easy to become involved as a Free Geek volunteer. To get started, just come to Free Geek at 11am or 4pm, to take a tour. You can sign up to volunteer at the conclusion of your tour. Make sure you have completed all of your hours before you apply!
- Where is Free Geek?
1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214