Considering a career in smartphone repair?
Apply to earn your iFixit MasterTech Certification for free.
If you have some experience repairing mobile devices, the Mobile Refurbishment Intensive will help prepare you to take the next steps in your profession.
In partnership with the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ), Free Geek is hosting an intensive consisting of three seminars for participants who have an interest in increasing their repair proficiency, starting their own repair shop, or even certifying their repair shop.
These seminars will help prepare the participant for the iFixit MasterTech Certification, the industry's first technical certification for smartphone repair.
How much experience is recommended?
Some mobile repair experience is required for this intensive. For example:
- You've fixed your own phone and now you want to fix others'
- You've got mobile phone experience and want to start your own business
- You already work for a repair shop and want to level up with certification
If you are interested in the Mobile Refurbishment Intensive, but don’t have mobile repair experience, check out our internship program for opportunities to learn.
What are the benefits of participating?
Thanks to the support of Oregon DEQ and iFixit, Free Geek will offer the following to eight qualified applicants free of charge (~$600 value):
- Three two-hour seminars at Free Geek on consecutive Saturdays
- Free access to the MasterTech Certification Exam
- Free iFixit Repair Business Toolkit
- A scheduled time, location, and setup to take the exam and earn your certification
When are the seminars?
The intensive will be held in-person at Free Geek in Portland, Oregon:
- Saturday April 7th, 14th and 21st at 10:15am-12:30pm (doors open at 10am)
- Exam will be held on Saturday, April 28th
How to apply:
In order to apply please submit a cover letter and resume and/or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 3rd, 2018. We will begin interviewing in March. The Mobile Refurbishment Intensive is open to Oregon residents only.
There are only 8 spots open for this unique training opportunity, so don’t wait to apply!